Letter To My Favorite Teacher

Letter To My Favorite Teacher
I just want to thank you for everything you did for me, ever since the 7th grade when you first started to work.
Thank you for inspiring me. You continue to inspire me every day. You inspire me to say what’s on my mind but in a tactful manner. You inspire me to be a better person. You inspire me to be more caring. You inspire me to open my heart to more people. You inspire me to reach out.  There are so many things I wish I would have said to you while I occupied a desk in your classroom, once I graduated, or anytime really. You deserved to know how I felt every single day, but I didn’t always say it, not because I didn’t care but because you were always incredible to me. I just grew to expect you swooping in and planting a smile on my face. In case you didn’t know though, let me tell you exactly how I feel.
You were and always will be my hero. I will forever admire how you chose a profession that put countless others before yourself, and even with that, you always made me feel like I was the most important one. Truth be told, all your students felt that way. I will forever admire your spirit. Your love of life and the people in it filled my heart with a joy that has never faded. I also will forever admire your integrity. You didn’t tell me how to have character; you showed me. I watched you do what’s right even if it was hard. I watched you choose kindness when most others would have turned to anger, and I watched you work as hard as you could every day no matter how exhausted you were. You were a perfect example of how to live life.
You will always be with me. I may have been a kid when we first met, but even now, I think of you when something great happens because I want to tell you. I think of you when I am reminded of a lesson you taught me. I think of you when I make most decisions because I always wonder what you would do. I promise you that your legacy will forever live on in me.
Thank you for caring for me. Thank you for actually taking the time to listen to what I have to say, and being respectful, and giving tasteful feedback. I perform better in a class when I know the teacher actually cares, and you do. Thank you for being kind. I am often too scared to talk to a teacher because they are not kind. But from the very first day I stepped foot into your classroom, I knew you’d be different from the rest.
Thank you for your sense of humor. I love to laugh, and you can make me laugh. I could be having a terrible day, but when I’m in your classroom I know your humor will lighten me up. Sometimes your jokes are bad…but they still make me laugh!
Thank you for being you. You’re a great person and a phenomenal teacher. I don’t just learn things about the subject you teach, I learn so much more from you. If I ever decide to become an educator, I hope I can be just like you.
Thank you, Mrs. Joanna, for you have also inspired me to choose the career that I want to dedícate through the rest of my life. And be 100% sure, that you are completely invited to my graduation act.

                                                                -Carol González

Comments

Popular Posts